6.10.08

"As i live"

Its been 7 days since we laid our dad to rest, as comforting as it might be that he is finally rested. The pain is much deep and cutting more than watching him deal with pain.

I never thought that the death of my father will create a change in my life, let alone the attitude. I have been waking up each day to face the reality of accepting death as natural a phenom as it can be. I sit and wonder what exactly was my dad thinking during those last minutes and seconds of his last breath??

I was never there to hear him tell me what he felt or what he wanted me to do, off-course he will have said "take care of your siblings".He cared so much about his kids never wanted anything to come or put sunder the bond created by his DNA.

Dad was one atticulate man, i have always and will put forth the knowledge he instilled in my mind and brain. One thing i miss hearing is my dad's eloqute english, he spoke english that was not only crisp but even hard for an english man to understand. He wrote journals for as long as i can remember, it has taken me time to understand some of the information due to the vocabulary, since i am his blood its come easy to break it down.All i am saying is that he was very learned!!!

I miss him more than i miss myself, he made this change pos sible for me and without his loving support i sure will not have gone and be where i am . May i grow to be like my dad, i know that i am not the only one who has lost parents, that sure make me no different to some next man. Guess what its all perceived and individualised per-person.I am my dad's son and will always protect my son and siblings from any harms way.

Thank you for the read up and comments, Khatiti you have followed each and every one of my blogs. Thank you kindly for all the wise and informative responses you leave on my blog.

Sons of Jah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about you alot lately... wondering how you are holding up and dealing with the severities of loosing your dad as an entity here on earth. Know that although his physical body no longer exists, he will always be here with you through the spiritual realm guiding you whenever you ask for or need his help. His words will remain with you as long as you continue to cherish and hold them close to your heart. You will become stronger because of this, and you will dance through this and above all things you will rize to become a better man through all of the trials and tribulations that life throws your way. Stay blessed. Head up and always SMILE!

Greetings in the name of his Majesty"

If life is a ball how come only a few are able to kick and shuffle the so called "Ball of life". I think i am amazed by how much time as people we invest in whinnig and cmpalining.

I dont want to sound otherwise, but truth be told, as people myself inculded we have secluded ourselves to wanting to get things the easy way. Whatever happened to that spirit of "To live like a king, work like a slave".

My point being stop polluting other people's minds and spoiling their day by telling and whinning about this and that....Coming to think of it, some of us we dont even put the effort to achieve what we want in life.

Sons of Jah!