22.9.13

School is important

Is Africa in England? C'mon people I acknowledge not all of us are intelligent. But whatever happened to the so-called common sense. This one person who will remain unknown while I am writing this post, asked me if my accent was from England in Africa?. When I though they were done, they dropped another mass destruction statement. "Your accent sounds Russian"really!!! Somebody please help, at first I thought it was just illiteracy but it's ignorance. We can always blame the school system, family at home plays a upper hand in teaching their kids. At the end of it all the person finished by saying "I don't like Africans". Ok! Fine whatever your reason is, that's not shedding off any layer of pride in my melatonin. Besides I am looking at a black person making a fool out of themselves. Keep your hatred to yourself and believe you me I am not going to question you. It's your prerogative. While in Africa, South Africa to be specific. At school we were asked to study the world map. That meant knowing each country and it's capital city, official language and its president or prime minister. This exercise at school enhanced my knowledge rather my geographical awareness. Do you know how lame you sounds and look when you are blubbering BS!! You brag about being an American. Really!! But yet you are lacking a fundamental element in your life, and that is education. Indeed ignorance is a bliss , all I can do is look and keep moving. I am one of many educated Africans, I do pride my self of who i am and my hard earned success. As for my identity, I will value and treasure my being. Appreciate yourself and you will find it in your heart to value and appreciate others regardless of color, race or creed. School is important, reading is valuable. Have at least two friends who are smarter that you, trust me it helps. Don't let ignorance dictate your actions. And don't let actions tarnish your persona. Know that your personality and your vocabulary are representatives of who you are as human being.

No comments:

Greetings in the name of his Majesty"

If life is a ball how come only a few are able to kick and shuffle the so called "Ball of life". I think i am amazed by how much time as people we invest in whinnig and cmpalining.

I dont want to sound otherwise, but truth be told, as people myself inculded we have secluded ourselves to wanting to get things the easy way. Whatever happened to that spirit of "To live like a king, work like a slave".

My point being stop polluting other people's minds and spoiling their day by telling and whinning about this and that....Coming to think of it, some of us we dont even put the effort to achieve what we want in life.

Sons of Jah!