21.9.08

Fear not"

I guess today i am writting from my own point of view that is based on what has been controlling and invigorating my soul....By saying i am writting from my point of view i am basical saying what has been going down lately.

Well first off which is fascinating, i performed for a group of speacil needs kids this past week, it was one of those magical shows for them. In turn it did touch and break my heart. Some of them are bound to the wheelchair, some are blind but all of this did not derter their excitement at all.

The show was based on masks, wearing these beautiful Bali, Indonesian and Chinese handcrafted arts. It just made me realise that there is a lot more in store in the arts than i ever thought.

Anyway....Sigh!!!! I am in a cross road at this juncture, i seem to be accepting offers left right and center, well not realising that i am leaving myself no time to think or decide which project is going to be good or give me time to find and contort myself in my own world.

I have at least 3-4 dance projects that i am supposed to accomplish, thats excluding the international tours ahead. For those that know me i have always and will forever be thrilled by being somewhere and living life with the natives.

Anyway i have been contemplating the creation of my last section of the trilogy "Still feel the presence'. This has been by far the most selling and toured piece ever. I am happy about the revies that its been getting out there.

The end part is going to be dark which i might not be able to stand the fear of , i mean just by thinking about it rather running the piece in my head i get a trickle of fear down my spine. I stand for challenges and i will not back of this idea.

I have come a long way during and within that time i have grown, appreciatted,met,fought,missed friends, lost loved ones,above all i have come to fear my thinking capacity. All of this is better journaled through dance, i do write but the feeling is always different.What more better way to teach and show at the same time. This past August marked the 1 year death mark for my beloved friend , she was dear and very sincere at heart. I dont recall anyone saying or doing anything bad to her, she was a giver and above all an Angel. Federica Mazzi you will always be missed my friend. I will always hold a space in my heart. Beautiful dancer she was, i am telling you she just ripped that stage and owned it at the same time with grace.

Well my Mother who has been long gone will never flash away form my eyes, the presence is so strong, my dad who is ailing down has beeen the pillar always i will never even a single moment forget about all the good he has done and i know tha he wil continue to show and provide the love.

Thats and this is where i get my inspiration,mind you iam the only artist in my line of family, i have over the past 9-10 years involved and bestowed my humble respect for my works as well as works by fellow collaborators. I will fear not to dwell and search for a place for myself in this dance...I am an Artist not a dancer.

I create i dont duplicate, i envision i dont blues, i make whats worth seeing be tangible not lucid.

Jah Bless

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have found that through the art of dancing, I can find comfort that not many other humans can provide for me. To push myself to the limit and explore the unthinkable is what makes it so interesting and creates the urge and need to continue exploring. One thing that I can recommend is to never rush yourself to get a work done just for a show, you have to believe that it will all come together in due time. The studio is your canvas, take that time to explore and to challenge and push your boundaries - visit those places that cause your deepest fear, otherwise you will never know what you can accomplish. It might help you to truly embody what it is that you are truly feeling about the work, it might actually bring you satisfication, it might help you overcome your fears. Don't rush your creative process or else you will be unhappy and you will find yourself creating work just for show and not because you truly have the desire for the exploration of movement. Just keep remembering why you are here in this place and why you do what you do.

Greetings in the name of his Majesty"

If life is a ball how come only a few are able to kick and shuffle the so called "Ball of life". I think i am amazed by how much time as people we invest in whinnig and cmpalining.

I dont want to sound otherwise, but truth be told, as people myself inculded we have secluded ourselves to wanting to get things the easy way. Whatever happened to that spirit of "To live like a king, work like a slave".

My point being stop polluting other people's minds and spoiling their day by telling and whinning about this and that....Coming to think of it, some of us we dont even put the effort to achieve what we want in life.

Sons of Jah!