9.11.08

Happiness"

If only we can explain the word happiness" the same way the dictionary does, I figure it will make and mean a difference even to the blind man. Actually the blind man is probably the happiest man alive, regardless of wealth and all that shit!! They don’t see all this madness.

Right now I am going to flip on and off as I want to write this page based on what my two fellow friends have commented on previously. Those were two heavy comments Khatiti and Elsie.

Khatiti wrote: "I can constantly be reminded that there are people out there that have knowledge other than what the "so-called history books" teach us".

Natty: My point here will be simple the world is fuelled by what one person thinks and believes. For the mere fact that they had the ability and authority to amend that system of making people absorb someone else's knowledge is by far the most dangerous thing. I do believe in reading, do not get me wrong but the question is what are we reading? As people we tend to divert from reading very educational sources that have been written by people of our own speciesand creed.

I will not obligate anyone to read what I read, but my question is is how many whites, Asians and Latinos read what black man write? The percentage is very little, only those that are open minded because they diversify their being and world. Most people of colour read information that satisfies the materialistic world? All the shit that Hollywood portrays and need I say that they have found a market in us believe me you..

So backing off to your statement it’s true that there is good a bunch of people that are knowledgeable because of what they believe and what they read. You are one of those smart people, because you have a very dense and immense vocabulary. Which I know will save and build your empire.

Elsie you wrote "I am always thinking of the future and what I am going to be. But...I forget the present. In the past days, I am appreciating the present. I am seeing my blessings.

Natty: Its a true statement that you mentioned right there Elsie, we are so easily taken by the notion of what is going to, or what we want to happen in 5-10 years time. I am victim of that circumstance myself. But I will confess that I try not do but try by all means to rechannel myself away from that mentality. You see it’s easy to live in the future, guess what that’s a safe haven for us when we want to get away from what is bothering us at present. So to avoid dealing with the present we take a mind cruise to some distant land. The question will be does that help? us not at all.

With that said it all depends on how we venture ourselves into the future without having to get stuck there and forever. I guess as for you Elsie I really appreciate your courage, its rare that you will find a young black woman who is doing what you have put yourself in. This is what I call determination and courage. You are a strong person and I know that the thought might have crossed your mind at times, asking yourself question like what you are doing there in SA, Did I make the right move etc, etc. This might imply to you too Khatiti because you have made that choice to be on your own and live your life based on what your dependence urges you.

Khatiti wrote:
Oppression is a funny word because as I have come to learn is only classified with a certain context of people, but when one truly sits to think about it and understand it, so many people are oppressed in so many different ways, and it’s truly unbelievable

Natty: Yes oppression does exist, for me it’s like an infection need I say like malignant cancer. Oppression is like that because it takes away the victim's dignity, pride, joy and happiness. To an extent that even when that victim is free or away from oppression they don’t realize it. Their life is already being remote controlled. That’s how fucked up this system is controlling us. I know this first hand from living and being a South African, overall these experiences have made me strong. The point being that I rebelled and choose not to be part of the number. I hate what I saw growing up seeing my parents being treated like scumbags.

Elsie: One of my blessings is reading your blog postings. It reassured of living in the present. A new day......"

Natty: Thanks Elsie I know that this blog has more to me than I ever thought. I have seen a change in my writing, vocabulary, and understanding above all being able to interpret what others put on my blog. I have a deeper interest in wanting to find what ticks and inspires Natty. Thank you and continue to support I know that there will be a line or two that will emanate change and enlightment in your day to day.

So now back to happiness? Does any of what I have written above link to happiness maybe? To sum this joint I will say " Lest be open to other things in life, allow our horizon to be challenged by situations. Through such only will we know what makes a being to be happy"? I know that my statement might be bit weak in someway or the other, Like Stevie wonder said " So what the fuss"

My dad never spoke about happiness not as far as I can remember, you want to know why? because he practiced happiness everyday of his life, I get teary every time I write a line or two about my dad. He meant a world and more to me as well as my siblings, I know being the eldest at one time he said to me, "Natty you are now the father of this whole life, your siblings will look up to you, just as much as you have trust and faith in them, I know that your presence will shade a sigh of relief and give them a sense of protection". Tell me those are not deep words? I live my life based on my experiences blending that with what my dad taught or showed me. Out of that I create a sculpture and collage my thoughts to get a masterpiece of life which I and only I can buy.

Once again reading is vital because you want to know where you are coming and going, living the present is more than fun, because you don’t want to miss the best of that present time. Oppression is there but we don’t want to allow it to control us, we have the power to change all this madness regardless of power they have over you or me, the destiny we set is ours. Sharing knowledge is one of the best pieces a man can ever have; I mean true information not some fuzzy, superficial nonsense. I have deep respect for people who seek their happiness based on true love, joy, liberality and most of all conscious thinking.

Jah Sons.

No comments:

Greetings in the name of his Majesty"

If life is a ball how come only a few are able to kick and shuffle the so called "Ball of life". I think i am amazed by how much time as people we invest in whinnig and cmpalining.

I dont want to sound otherwise, but truth be told, as people myself inculded we have secluded ourselves to wanting to get things the easy way. Whatever happened to that spirit of "To live like a king, work like a slave".

My point being stop polluting other people's minds and spoiling their day by telling and whinning about this and that....Coming to think of it, some of us we dont even put the effort to achieve what we want in life.

Sons of Jah!