6.11.08

A new day"

I like the topic that I am about to vent about....But before that yes its true Khatiti that we venture in our lives destiny being happiness. But the question will always linger in my head, "Do we ever achieve that happiness? Guess at the most of cases it depends as to what we call happiness!!

I will not dwell into that as it’s a very likely topic for another day and chapter. I am now going to be so sweet and short about the above topic.

I walk outside and all I hear is people talking about freedom, they are sitting all I see is smiles, they are driving guess what they are flipping giving way and being all good and nice. This is something that ticks me right there>

I hope you understand by now where I am going with this? Why wait until there is something historic on land to change the people's attitude? Does is really take a phenomenal or drastic change to make people come as one? As far as I am concerned that BS!!!! Regardless what the greatest of politicians might say, we are all people and this statement has been said over and over again.

If you look back you ask yourself why in the world did people make things hard for themselves by allowing the skin and political parties to separate them?.....I love all my white friends, Mexicans, Europeans Asians. I have never seen color not even at one time only when I am giving a description of that particular person. Now the big question is for those that still believe that they live in a planet of their own, by refusing to kick differences, I have 3 words for you "You are lost".

This life is so simple and beautiful, I do complain at times but later during the day I ask myself what is it that I am whining about? I have access to work , buy what ever I need not want, I am able to travel the seas let alone mingle with friends who I a choose. Some kid or youth in some next country does not even have an extra boxer to wear. I am making an example by a simple merely underwear. I have my shelf full of socks, boxers and T-shirts. Writing about this makes me angry because as people we so fuckin spoilt.

Some kids can’t even enjoy a simple sip of coca-cola, good thing they don’t or can’t afford it, better for them as that’s the last thing they need to consume. But I guess at one time as people we will learn to know the difference between Need and Want!!!!!
I have said time and time again that I am no Saint but guess what the choices I make have kept me at easy, I know that by avoiding things that are not worthy in my life I am eradicating all the nonsense not to mention stress.

I live life by the day and never compromise my happiness for some next man, I truly believe that they never think of some next mans feelings, why because the word Sorry is over rated. I am Natty and for me everyday is a new day, despite the hardships that it might bring me take all with consideration not putting my brain to overwork.

I am the mirror of myself an image that portrays my Dad, a hero in my life and as well as my siblings. Rock to my mother, I know that if this body of mine retires form this earth I will leave a symbol to those that have known me and understood who iam. Its a pity as its a few that know who Natty is, as always I will never convince one to know me, one that I do is know who I am dealing with be it a friend or who ever. This allows me to know their vocabulary, as this will allow me to speak their language that makes them understand me. But on that note I will not compromise my dignity by allowing them to toss me and think that I will do whatever they want me to do.

Hence the reason I eliminate people that don’t care if one chooses to distance and never make any contact that’s cool, but know that with time the name in my brain fades off. I know as people we are busy but why are we so hectic its a choice, regardless how busy one can be they still have time to communicate. Instead guess what they will rather watch TV.

I know that everyday is a new day!!! Barack Obama has brought light to many!!!!

Jah sons

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish that I could take your words and wrap them in my sheets so that I can sleep with them each night so that I can constantly be reminded that there are people out there that have knowledge other than what the "so-called history books" teach us. That there are people out there that are willing to challenge the norm and question the information that we are taught by society. And you know what... its so simple to just think on your own, but we are brainwashed into what is right and what is wrong, sometimes we get confused about whether what we think is valid or not.
Natty, I hope you will allow me to paint a few more lines than usall on your wall, because tonight I am feeling many thoughts...
Happiness is truly in the hands of the one that cherishes it the most. Happiness has to come from within and not because someone else told us how to be happy or why we should be happy. I think that we are sometimes so used to satisfying others and taking care of other people's needs that we forget about ourselves we forget to nurture and take care of our own needs. We are constantly worried about whether or not someone will be happy with us or the choices we make for ourselves... why is that? and when we do take time to think about ourselves, we are called selfish.
Don't get me wrong, I have the same feelings for those that are struggling to get just the basics that you need to survive in life, I wonder why we can't figure out a way to bring true equality to all, but then that leads me to the issue of power and how wealth is divided unequally and unfairly and that those at the top don't give a shit, so they won't even stop to think about how to truly bring peace to those suffering.
Oppression is a funny word because as I have come to learn is only classified with a certain context of people, but when one truly sits to think about it and understand it, so many people are oprressed in so many different ways, it's truly unbelievable. People are struggling to be heard and understood, yet they quietly hide underneath their box that society places on top of them because they feel inferior to those that hold them down and silently yell at them how impossible it will be for them to survive as a successful human being in this world.
Don't get me wrong, I am satisfied, I am here and I am willing to attempt to change whatever I am not satisfied with about my life or the way things are in society - but I am frustrated that it is just now or during big events in this world where people stop to give a damn.
I think that it is great that so many black people (I say black people because they have not all been African or African-American, but from the carribean...) have made a difference for us within this world, but why does society hold it over our shoulder, why do they push us down and degrade us to the highest degree while we are fighting for acceptance, and then when someone climbs to the top, they tell us to be proud and and to cherish the historical moments - as if we weren't already proud or already weren't cherishing the moments - why is it only valid when they tell us what to do or how to react...
I think I'm tired now... exhausted rather... Jah Bless and stay at peace and keep thinking and questioning and challenging and painting words through metaphorical phrases that mesmerize the soul.

Elsie Mufuka said...

The question that haunts my mind: "What if?" This question has lead me to accomplish my curiositys in my mind. My main curiositys are the searching of my roots, my inner self, and happiness.

All in all, I search within myself true happiness. WHAT WILL MAKE ME HAPPY? I ask myself constantly. Then, I realize that I am not appeciating my pressence in this world right now.

I am always thinking of the future and what I am going to be. But...I forget the present. In the past days, I am appeciating the present. I am seeing my blessings.

One of my blessings are reading your blog postings. It reassured of living in the present. A new day......

Greetings in the name of his Majesty"

If life is a ball how come only a few are able to kick and shuffle the so called "Ball of life". I think i am amazed by how much time as people we invest in whinnig and cmpalining.

I dont want to sound otherwise, but truth be told, as people myself inculded we have secluded ourselves to wanting to get things the easy way. Whatever happened to that spirit of "To live like a king, work like a slave".

My point being stop polluting other people's minds and spoiling their day by telling and whinning about this and that....Coming to think of it, some of us we dont even put the effort to achieve what we want in life.

Sons of Jah!